Search For Jobs Near Lincoln Ne 68503 Usa
Job Detail for IT Specialist (INET)
### Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
#### 1 vacancy in the following location:
* Lincoln, NE
##### Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 1/6/2017 (1 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 1/20/2017 (13 day(s) away)
## Job Overview
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
### Nebraska NG
**THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EST**
**NG MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the NG. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the NG must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the NG in the military grade listed in this announcement.**
*FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NEBRASKA ARMY NG) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7458.*
**NOTE: MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF A SECRET CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED. MUST MAINTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE THROUGHOUT EMPLOYMENT.**
**CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: SELECTEE WILL OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN DODi 8570 IAT II CERTIFICATION WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRING, AND COMPUTING ENVIRONMENT (CE) CERTIFIED WITHIN 12 MONTHS AS PER DODI 8570.01-M. INITIAL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE GOVERNMENT. EXAM FEES MAY BE REIMBURSED AFTER SUCCESSFUL EXAM COMPLETION.****VISIT http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx TO REFERENCE IA LEVEL INFORMATION.**
This position is located in an information management organization. The work of this position involves the design, implementation, and management of the state's National Guard Web page along with the design and management of the Visual Information (VI) program.
**ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION:**G6, Lincoln, NE
**APPOINTMENT FACTORS: **This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Officer, Warrant Officer, or Enlisted position only.
#### Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2 AND 3
**DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:**
**Area 1**-Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air NG
**Area 2**-All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army NG
**Area 3**-Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NE Air or Army NG
**Area 4**-All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army NG. Selected individual must become a member of the respective Nebraska NG prior to the effective date of hire.
**Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:**
1. Fully qualified Area 1
2. Fully qualified Area 2
3. Fully qualified Area 3
4. Trainee qualified.
(1) Plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, and manages the Internet, Intranet, and Extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of web sites. Reviews agency policies concerning web sites and develops state policies accordingly. Interfaces with all state staff offices and units to collect, files, data, publications, and current information, in an electronic format, to consolidate, organize and create interactive web pages with necessary hypertext links to produce accessible "online" information. Manages Internet server operations through continuous maintenance and updates of information as dictated by the staff offices and units. Works with the functional proponents of databases to convert those databases to interactive HTML web page files. Assists staff offices and units with technical advice and information for efficient data transmission into web pages. Ensures all material presented is in compliance with copyright requirements and the Web design is in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act for accessibility. Works with the Database Manager to develop interactive databases for applications on the web.
(2) Plans and administers the state's VI program. Develops policies, directives, and standard operating procedures (SOP). Manages the state's VI architecture, ensuring all changes are properly documented. Maintains close liaison with Department of Army, Department of Air Force, National Guard Bureau (NGB), federal and state agencies, business leaders, STARC staff and operational personnel to ensure efficient VI operations. Forecasts and executes the state's VI budget, to include procurements of equipment and supplies.
(3) Coordinates all activities related to the full range of VI products and services for the state such as still photography (photo-chemical and digital video), manual and computer-generated graphics, presentation services (conference rooms and classrooms), VI equipment and product loan, video (acquisition, production, post-production and duplication), audio (production and duplication), video teleconferencing, closed circuit television, and master antenna and cable television. Coordinates with various outside agencies/contractors on projects that may involve research, procurement and installation of contract services.
(4) Directs design of unique projects from inception to completion through application of innovative solutions in the use of multimedia technologies. Accepts or rejects customer produced or procured materials. Analyzes statistical information, personnel data, or general descriptions of information to be visually depicted. Selects appropriate visual media for the project that will best represent the information to be presented. Manages production of electronic and printed material in the form of slides, displays, newsletters, pamphlets, web pages, posters, and leaflets for various activities. Directs page layouts allowing for line art, photographs, graphs and other graphics.
### Travel Required
* Occasional Travel
* Occasional Travel for training and work related activities
### Relocation Authorized
## Job Requirements
### Key Requirements
* Military membership in the Nebraska Army National Guard is mandatory.
* Direct Deposit is mandatory.
* Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
* Permanent Change of Station Benefits will not be paid.
**QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:** To be qualifying, experience must have been progressively responsible with increasingly difficult and complex duties. Experience must have been at the next lower or second lower grade or its non-federal equivalent.
*CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
**GENERAL EXPERIENCE:** Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled understanding of the states required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaption of computer programs and systems; technical, analytical, supervisory or administrative expertise which has demonstrated the candidate's ability to analyze problems of organization, workforce, information requirements, etc. and provide systematic solution; and the ability to deal satisfactorily with others.
**SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:****GS-11** must possess at least 36 months of specialized experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization as it directly relates to the function of the position. Experience with analyzing the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system, planning the sequence of actions, and personal responsibility for a segment of the overall projects. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptions of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where it involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. Experience which demonstrates the accomplishment of computer project management and application of accepted security principles. Qualifying accomplishments involve the following: knowledge of customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to assigned computer applications areas; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and adaption of guidelines or precedents to the need of an assignment. **GS-9** must possess at least 24 months of specialized experience, education, or training in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system as it directly relates to the function of the position. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency. Experience that demonstrates knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as typically in the case of development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specification provided. Experience in a computer related field performing such tasks as translating logical steps into language codes, computer console operations, and scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed. Experience which demonstrates the accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques; Qualifying accomplishments involve the following: knowledge of customer approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer application area; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and adaption if guidelines or precedents to the needs of an assignment.
**NOTE: REGARDING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignment must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.**
**Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience:** For a GS-5 level, a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the experience requirements. At the GS-7 level, on full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development of adaption of applications, systems, or networks.
College transcripts MUST be submitted for professional positions or when substituting education for experience. NOTE: If you are using education as a substitution of experience OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualification, YOU MUST SUBMIT copies of college transcripts when required. Failure to provide college transcripts when required will result in an ineligible rating. NOTE: The Nebraska National Guard HRO has a document entitled "Secrets to Getting a Technician Job"; you are encouraged to follow the link provided if you are interested. http://ne.ng.mil/Resource/Documents/Secrets-Technician-Job.pdf
REMEMBER: Military training directly related to the type of work of the position may be substituted on a day for day basis.
**To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications. Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.**
**MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:** Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
**MILITARY GRADES: Maximum Military Grade** 02/W3/E8; **Minimum Military Grade** 01/W1/E4**;** Military grade inversion within the full time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
**Compatible Military Assignments: **Officer - BR 25 OAOC 53; Warrant Officer - MOS 254A, 255A, 255N, 255S; Enlisted CMF 25; Selectee has 24 months to become qualified in a compatible military assignment.
Individual does not have to be currently assigned to one of these career fields to be considered for this position; however compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position.
### Security Clearance
## Additional Information
### What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made, you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants (current NE National Guard bargaining unit technicians)
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants
3. Fully qualified Area 3 applicants
4. All trainee qualified applicants
**INDIVIDUAL SELECTED AS A GS-9 TRAINEE MAY BE PROMOTED TO GS-11 UPON COMPLETION OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: (1) 12 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE APPOINTED TO THE POSITION; (2) COMPLETION OF AN INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (IDP); AND (3) COMPLETION OF A CLASSIFICATION REVIEW. INDIVIDUAL MAY BE PROMOTED WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION WHEN QUALIFIED AND RECOMMENDED BY THE SELECTING OFFICIAL; HOWEVER PROMOTION IS NOT GUARANTEED. APPLICANTS MUST INDICATE THE LOWEEST GRADE FOR WHICH THEY WISH TO BE CONSIDERED.**
You will be kept informed of actions taken on your application. The selecting official will contact you for an interview if your name is referred.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
**Main New Employee Website -****http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp**
**Flexible Spending Accounts -** The FSAFeds Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
**Health Insurance -** The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
**Leave -** Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit:****http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
**Life Insurance -** The FEGLI Program offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
**Long Term Care Insurance -** The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
**Retirement Program -** Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
### Other Information
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
*Salary Range:* $56,226.00 to $80,270.00 / Per Year
*Series & Grade:* GS-2210-09/11
*Promotion Potential:* 11
*Supervisory Status:* No
*Who May Apply:* AREAS 1, 2, AND 3
*Control Number:* 461678200
*Job Announcement Number:* NEAR-17-037