Search For Jobs Near Ann Arbor Mi 48104 Usa
Job Detail for Registered Nurse (Clinical Informatics)
### Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
#### 1 vacancy in the following location:
* Ann Arbor, MI
##### Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 1/6/2017 (2 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/29/2017 (355 day(s) away)
## Job Overview
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1889510
**Salary**: To be determined by Professional Standard Board of your peers and based on your education and experience.
**This is an open and continuous announcement. Applicants will be referred each week to the hiring manager. Future vacancies may be filled from this announcement.**
**This position is located at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Patient Care Service.**
**OUR MISSION:**To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
**The Department of Veterans Affairs** (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans.
Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.
Since 1953, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS) has provided state-of-the-art healthcare services to the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your healthcare needs in any way we can. The main hospital campus located in Ann Arbor serves as a referral center for specialty care and operates 105 acute care beds and 40 Community Living Center (extended care) beds.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. **The VA is committed to hiring Veterans**.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are **I**ntegrity, **C**ommitment, **A**dvocacy, **R**espect and **E**xcellence ("**I CARE**").
**America's Veterans need you!**
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
**NOTE:** Applicant's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and step of the applicant selected.
**VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.********The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.**
**Tour of Duty: Day Shift (Monday - Friday)**
The Clinical Informatics RN will utilize clinical nursing expertise to optimize utility of patient care software applications, and effectively informs practice regarding electronic documentation issues that directly impact patient care delivery. The Clinical Informatics RN is responsible for identifying and supporting computerization needs related to the Patient Care Service. The Clinical Informatics RN functions as a liaison among PCS staff and computer and software vendors. The Clinical Informatics RN is responsible for the following activities:
* Implements application changes (e.g. templates, flowsheets, databases, tables, etc.). Tests changes prior to going into production. Maintains a historical log for the development and implementation of these changes.
* Provides training for end users. Training all end user groups will require varied shift work during implementation including work tours during evenings, nights, and weekends. Post implementation, occasional odd tours may be necessary for training purposes, but will be infrequent.
* Utilizes organization, critical thinking, leadership, and problem solving skills to address/identify/resolve computer related issues at the facility. Independently identifies and targets technical/computer-related patient documentation concerns to bring about resolution.
* Provides a means for and encourages end user staff at their facility to communicate their ideas in regards to improving and customizing electronic documentation. Also gathers data from personal observation to assist in on-going improvement/customization of the applications.
* Utilizes a team approach and fosters staff involvement to strongly encourage and give the opportunity for end users to be directly involved in software application evolution. The goal is to provide a custom-fit electronic charting system, a sense of ownership and empowerment, and to foster "buy in" from the primary end users. Collects and forwards user requests through appropriate channels for approval and consensus.
* Develops/generates reports from the various databases, as needed, for their facility.
* Demonstrates the ability to work independently, to problem-solve, gather and evaluate information relevant to a situation, formulates recommendations in a timely manner and effectively communicates them verbally and via email to appropriate channels.
* Tests all new functionality from an end user and support perspective for each upgrade at the facility to be sure workflow, patient care, and primary record management (documentation integrity) remains intact when such changes are made. Tests application changes before "live" use and repairs and/or reports problems as needed.
* Assures documentation meets all applicable standards of internal and external accreditation and oversight/review entities (e.g., The Joint Commission, Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Medical Inspector, and the like).
* Together with Biomedical Engineering, responsible for backup and restore of databases at the facility.
* Responsible for troubleshooting and communicating any HL-7 and database error messages.
* Successful nursing practice in the acute care environment is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated professional, leadership and organizational skills.
* Strong background and knowledge of Clinical Information Systems and/or automated charting systems.
* Basic programming skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skill in clinical application support of healthcare industry standard clinical software packages that is based upon knowledge of medical informatics, knowledge of hospital or outpatient clinic environments supplemented by a knowledge of a broad range of patient care activities and how the different health care services and functions interact and there also must be some evidence of interpersonal skills to achieve good communications and working relationships with other health care professionals when assisting in clinical application support software matters.
**Relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse**
### Travel Required
* Not Required
### Relocation Authorized
## Job Requirements
### Key Requirements
* Must pass pre-employment examination.
* Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
* Background and/or Security Investigation required.
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
* School of Nursing must be ACEN or CCNE accredited at the time of graduation
* U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency **AND** accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
* The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
* Must be proficient in spoken and written English
**Grade Determinations: **
Experience as a RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: **Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry**. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
The criteria are as follows:
* **Practice:** practice, ethics and resource utilization;
* **Professional Development**: performance, education/career development;
* **Collaboration**: collaboration, collegiality;
* **Scientific Inquiry**: quality of care, research.
**IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.**
**Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD**
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**Note:** Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
**Physical Requirements:** This position requires Heavy Lifting, 45 pounds heavy carrying, 45 pounds straight pulling (4 hours); pushing (4 hours); use of fingers; both hands required; walking & standing 8-12 hours; repeated bending 8 hours; both legs required; ability for rapid mental & muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable @ 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; depth perception; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing (aide permitted). Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
**Veterans' Preference:**When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
### Security Clearance
## Additional Information
### What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on Application Status. For a more detailed update of your status, click on more information. Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
### Other Information
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
**It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment. **
**Patient Centered Care** is our approach to delivering healthcare to our Veterans. This philosophy gives patients and their families the chance to work closely with their healthcare providers to create more personalized care plans. Patient-centered care also considers the Veterans' personal preferences and values, family situations, cultural traditions, and lifestyles; it keeps them informed and engaged throughout their treatment. The Veteran and family members become key members of the healthcare team and are active participants in making healthcare decisions.
**This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.**
**Probationary Period**: You may be required to complete a 2 year probationary period.
**Placement Policy:** The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
**Equal Employment Opportunity**: Actions to fill this position will not be based on discriminatory factors such as sex, race, color, national origin, lawful political affiliation, marital status, physical handicap, age, gender identity, or expression, which are prohibited by law.
**Reasonable Accommodations**: Department of Veterans Affairs provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Reasonable accommodation decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
**Credentialing and Privileging**: Any registered, and certified health care providers appointed to a Veterans Health Administration Medical Center must, upon acceptance of an employment offer from Human Resources, enter their employment history, education history, and all licensure/certification/registration information through the internet-based credentialing system (VetPro). VetPro ensures the consistency of the credentialing process for all employees and provides a reliable electronic data bank of health care provider credentials. This system is used nationwide by all VHA healthcare facilities in an effort to maximize patient safety. This prerequisite must be initiated after an employment offer has been extended. Employment commencement dates will be contingent upon the completion and approval of the VetPro credentialing/verification process.
**Interviews**: Any interviews that may be conducted for this position will use the Performance Based Interviewing (PBI) process. Further information is available at www.va.gov/pbi.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
*Salary Range:* $55,568.00 to $94,302.00 / Per Year
*Series & Grade:* VN-0610-00/00
*Supervisory Status:* No
*Who May Apply:* United States Citizens
*Control Number:* 461524800
*Job Announcement Number:* AD-17-LC-1889510-BU-SR