Search For Jobs Near Fort Carson Co 80913 Usa
Job Detail for Nurse (Clinical/Emergency)
Job Location: U.S. Army Medical Command, Fort Carson, CO, 80913, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
We're sorry, it looks like this job is expired.
### JOB SUMMARY:
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
**About the Position:**
This position is located in the Emergency Department at Evans Army Community Hospital in Fort Carson, Colorado.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Duties described reflect the full performance GS-10 level. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. Positions filled at the GS-07 level may be filled using the accelerated development and advancement of registered nurses to journey level for nurses. Applicant will serve in a training program with accelerated promotion potential within 12-18 months to the full performance level. Nurses hired into this program will successfully complete extensive experience and on -the-job training for promotion to the next grade level.
**Who May Apply:** U.S. Citizens
### TRAVEL REQUIRED
* Not Required
### RELOCATION AUTHORIZED
### KEY REQUIREMENTS
* This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
* Will include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
* * *
As a Nurse (Clinical/Emergency), you will:
* Perform a variety of administrative/floor duties as an extension and in support of the head nurse.
* Make nursing care assignments to various skill levels of professional andnon-professional personnel.
* Ensure appropriate patient education occurs during the shift and that the appropriate responses to patient emergencies are made.
* Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients based on physician's medical care plan and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
* Administer oxygen, IV fluid, blood transfusion and prescribed oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications.
* Set up, operate and monitor specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, respirators, defibrillators, etc.
* * *
### QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts isin this document.
* **Education:** Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
* **Registration:** Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment.
* **Experience required for GS-07:** Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing nursing care to patients; educating and/or counseling patients; and administering medications via various routes. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
* **Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-07:** Successful completion of at least one full year of graduate-level education progressing toward a master's or higher degree that is directly related to the work of the position.
* **Superior Academic Achievement for GS-07:** Successful completion of a bachelor's degree with Superior Academic Achievement. Applicant must meet one of the following provisions for superior academic achievement:
1. A standing in the upper third of your college class or major subdivision (e.g. school of business) at the time you apply.
2. A grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed; (a) at the time of application; or (b) during the last two years of your undergraduate curriculum.
3. A "B+" (3.5. on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for all courses completed in a qualifying major field of study, either:(a) at the time of application; or (b) during the last 2 years of your undergraduate curriculum.
4. Election to membership in one of the national honorary societies (other than freshman societies) that meets the requirements of the Association of College of Honor Societies.
Grade point averages should be rounded to one decimal point. For example, 2.95 is rounded to 3.0, and 2.94 is rounded to 2.9.
NOTE: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honor society.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
**Other Requirements:** Clickhere for expanded definitions.
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
* One year trial/probationary period may be required.
* Direct Deposit of pay is required.
* Personnel Security Investigation required.
* This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
* This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
* This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
* A pre-placement physical examination is required.
* Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
* All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
* Applicant must be certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
* Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
* Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
* If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
### HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
**Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).** If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. SeeInteragency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is onOPM's Career Transition Resources website.
* * *
**The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.**In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described inthe USAJOBS Resource Center.
### OTHER INFORMATION:
* Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
* If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
* Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
* This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
* * *
### HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) onFriday, September 25, 2015 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
* Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
* It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
* To verify your application is complete, log intoyour USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
* To return to an incomplete application, log intoyour USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete**.
* It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
* * *
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
* * *
### REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in theApplicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
* Your resume may be submitted in any format.
* If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
**Transcripts**: This position has a positive education requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your unofficial college transcript(s). See:Transcripts and Licenses****
**Registration:** This position has a registration requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted professional nurse registration unless you are an applicant who has graduates from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months and is pending registration. (NOTE: If your licensure is pending, you must furnish the date on which you applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved.)
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at:Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is1511028. You will need the questionnaire,View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application
* * *
**NOTE:** Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
* * *
### AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
DA NCR MEDCELL
1 Rock Island Arsenal
Rock Island, IL
### WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
*Job Title:* Nurse (Clinical/Emergency)
*Department:* Department of the Army
*Agency:* U.S. Army Medical Command
*SALARY RANGE:* $39,570.00 to $69,289.00 / Per Year
*OPEN PERIOD:* Wednesday, September 23, 2015 to Friday, September 25, 2015
*SERIES & GRADE:* GS-0610-07
*POSITION INFORMATION:* Full Time - Permanent
*PROMOTION POTENTIAL:* 10
*DUTY LOCATIONS:* 1 vacancy in the following location: Fort Carson, CO
*WHO MAY APPLY:* United States Citizens
*SECURITY CLEARANCE:* Not Applicable
*SUPERVISORY STATUS:* No
*Control Number:* 416297700
*Job Announcement Number:* NCMD157635841511028HM