Search For Jobs
Title: Physician - Durango, CO
Role: Clinical Innovations / Clinical Advisor, MD
Assignment:Humana Government Business
Humana’s dream is to help our members and our own associates achieve lifelong well-being. Use your clinical experience to work with patients and providers in a nontraditional environment where your knowledge will make a difference. Our associates know their work is vitally important; we strive to ensure we provide perfect service with one-on-one member interactions as a coach, personal nurse, or clinical advisor. Humana’s Perfect Service® means getting the basics done right, delivering value and quality, providing guidance on needs, and being engaged with our members. We want to help our members make the right choices to live life fully. We begin that process by connecting our members with an associate who cares.
The Physician provides health care services to patients.
Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position.
* Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, including diagnosis and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries. Compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
* Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests; gives preliminary interpretation of test results for deviations from normal when needed, and follows up with treatment for patient.
* Prescribes medications following strict protocols established by contractual agreements.
* Confers with patient’s private physician(s) as needed.
* Examines staff after on-the-job accidents or injuries.
* Acts as a resource person for decisions, planning, and policies affecting the health of patients and staff.
* Serves as a clinic in-service resource.
* Oversees the continuum of care process for their patients.
* Provides patient education specific to various disease processes.
* Maintains patient, employee, and computer confidentiality.
* Be flexible as to provider schedule adjustments in order to accommodate clinic patient’s needs.
* Be familiar with personal protective equipment for respective area.
* Collaboration and oversight of mid-level Providers. Specifically mentor and be available during clinic hours to collaborate on individual cases.
* Completes orientation/competencies per ACS standards.
Complete electronic documentation/charting of patient in a timeframe consistent with ACS standards.
Participates in monthly staff and provider meetings.
Reviews new policy and procedures as they are presented.
Participation in the ACS Performance Improvement Process.
Knowledge and compliance with HIPAA policy and procedures.
Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations, in addition to the standards required by TJC, Board of Health, and OSHA.
Participates in physician peer review.
* Builds Trust:Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one’s actions
* Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
* Customer Focus:Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
* Pursues Excellence:Seeks out learning, strives to develop and expand personally, and continuously helps others upgrade their capability to contribute to Humana.Role Essentials
Graduate of an accredited Medical or Osteopathic school.
* Board eligible or Board Certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
* Must be currently licensed as a Physician in the state of Indiana.
* Current certificate of BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
* Possesses the ability to lead by example regarding the ACS Standards of Behavior.
* Valid driver’s license and current proof of automobile insurance
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Apply now, or join our Talent Network so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening at Humana.
Role: Clinical Innovations and Health Practitioners