Area of Interest:
Full Time - Regular
Account Executive - Foodservice Sales - Grand Rapids, Michigan
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hormel Foods Corporation has an opportunity for an Account Executive in the located in a home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan and reporting to the the Cincinnati, Ohio office. Hormel Foods is a $7.9 Billion Fortune 500 corporation established in 1891; a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food products exporting over 1600 products to more than 50 countries. We are built on traditions of brand strength, quality, innovation, and value, while taking advantage of new trends in technology.
As an Account Executive, you will be accountable for selling to and servicing accounts in the assigned Foodservice territory to meet or exceed established tonnage, product distribution, and territory growth requirements. The primary responsibilities are Sysco Grand Rapids and Van Eerden Foodservice.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
•Establishes sales tonnage and product mix goals in the assigned territory by effectively calling on focus distributors and key operator accounts.
• Supports the generation of additional sales by effectively calling on operators in the territory, assigned private label accounts, and assigned brokers, while maintaining positive customer relations.
• Utilizes available promotional programs to maximize sales as compared to promotional monies spent.
• Assures all administrative duties are handled in a timely manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Provides pertinent territorial information regarding customers' and competitors' activities for use by management in assessing sales performance.
• Initiates and maintains up-to-date operator profile records on key operators in the territory.
• A bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or food related topics or college course work.
• Minimum of four years sales related experience.
• A pattern of initiative.
• Excellent management and leadership skills.
• A pattern of strong goal setting and results.
• The ability to establish strategic selling initiatives.
• Highly developed interpersonal and persuasive skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, reporting to Cincinnati, Ohio office
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
Travel may be necessary 20% of the time.